Blog & News
- Mediawan Rights Fast-Tracks Dedicated Doc Unit, Scores Key Deals on ‘Green Blood,’ ‘Tiger Mafia’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- Skin in the game? Reptile leather trade embroils conservation authority
- Exposing Wildlife Crime: An Interview With Karl Ammann
- The Elephant Pricing Scam
- Two legal challenges expose grave flaws at the heart of global wildlife trading system
- Animals as Commerce
- The Tiger Mafia wins a Jackson Wild Media Award
- CITES protection of animals no longer fit for purpose, says wildlife filmmaker
- ‘The legal and illegal trade are inseparable’: The drain of Africa’s chimpanzees for foreign zoos
- How We Can Use the CITES Wildlife Trade Agreement to Help Prevent Pandemics
Experience / See…
A film by Karl Ammann
2020 Jackson Wild Media Award Winner
The planet’s favorite wild creature speed bred and factory farmed for body parts
Karl Ammann sits with a group of local operatives in a small hotel room somewhere in Southeast Asia. They are setting up and testing hidden camera equipment, going over the set of instructions several times. The team then drives to a nearby tiger farm, where the local team plays the role of potential customers while Karl anxiously waits back in town for their return…
Wildlife and nature is under pressure for manifold reasons in every corner of the world. Some call it the 6th extinction – negative effects on nature and our environment have picked up a dynamic in the past decade that is truly devastating. Numbers show what is really happening and we are on due course to lose two thirds of wild animals by 2020.
Karl uncovers wildlife trafficking, poaching and other forms of brutal exploitation of the planet’s most iconic species. Circumventing red tape and challenging the status quo established by governments and supranational bodies, he discloses the shameful silence of international bodies and puts names and responsibilities behind the ongoing death of nature.
Tired of seeing images like this and you want to do something about it? Here is what you can do:
- Do not buy or keep any wild animal.
- Do not encourage any setting or show featuring captive wild animal.
- Do not buy products made of, or containing, any wild animal part.
“In a gentle way you can shake the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi